Continue reading the full photo-poem (new page)
- To begin with, we obviously take beautiful photographs. By not asking people to pose, and by using our technical and artistic expertise, we create magic with our photographs. You be the judge. Browse pictures from individual weddings either by wedding-type or by venue-type.
- We have shot almost all types of Indian weddings over the last few years. See for yourself.
- We shoot all across India – and don’t charge you for travel. Be it Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Goa, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune or any other city. Other than these cities, you will have to take care of accommodation though. And in case you live in a remote city (without an airport, we might charge a little premium).
- We also create beautiful cinematic movies (watch trailers)
- We have seen and traveled the world. Amrit has visited several countries including UK, USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand etc. Neelabh has been to Dubai, US, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia etc. How is that important you ask? Well, we believe that the more one has traveled, the more one evolves in his ability to observe the world around him. And that helps. That really really helps.
- We shoot ourselves – Amrit & Neelabh. We don’t want to send just ‘any-photographer’ under a brand-name. And show up just for guest-appearance. Believe it or not, there are several leading “Candid wedding photography” brand-names who do exactly that!
- We are very prompt with e-mail replies – write to us and you will see for yourself.
Photo-Stories by venue type
- Cruise (Singapore-Thailand): Anurag+Priya
- Palace: Devigarh Palace (Udaipur),
- Typical banquet hall: Nagpur1, IMA house (Kochi), Crown Plaza1 / Crown Plaza2 (Gurgaon), Taj Krishna (Hyd), Hotel Ashok (Bhopal), Jehan Numa Palace (Bhopal), Marriott (Hyd), Sports Club Worli (Mumbai), Marriott (Mumbai)
- Smaller banquet halls / restaurants: MasterChef (Mumbai), Wok in the Clouds (Delhi)
- Church: St. George Orthodox Churchochi1 (Kochi), Mumbai1
- Gurdwara: Navi Mumbai1,
- Open area in night time: Goa1, Mumbai1
- Temple: Deepti+Titian,
- Kalyan Mandapam: Bangalore1, Chennai1,
- Resorts: Zuri Beach Resort (Goa), Angsana Resort (Bangalore)
City-wise Couple-shoot pictures
- Bangalore: Jeetesh+Charishma
- Delhi: Ankit+Smriti, Amit+Nidhi, Ojas+Saurabh
- Goa: Meghaa+Nikhil , Mr & Mrs. Sharma (30th anniversary)
- Hyderabad: Girish+Thireesha
- Pune: Aditi+Nishant
- Udaipur: Aakash+Akshata
Candid wedding photographers India
Photo-Stories by wedding-type
- Baniya+ Baniya: Sumit+Shelly (Delhi), Anuja+Shashank (Bhopal)
- Baniya + Sikh: Ankita+Aman (Delhi)
- Bengali+Telugu: Maitreyi+Suresh (Hyd)
- Christian + Christian: Anne+Yannick, (Kochi), Jenyfer+Enrico (Mumbai), David+Priya (Goa)
- Gujarati + Kannadiga: Darshita+Sharath (Ahmedabad)
- Gujarati + Marwari: Nikhil+Meghaa (Goa)
- Indian + Dutch: Deepti+Titian (Bangalore)
- Indian + French: Anne+Yannick, (Kochi)
- Indian + Spanish: Jenyfer+Enrico (Mumbai)
- Kannadiga + Gujarati: Sharath+Darshita (Ahmedabad)
- Kannadiga + Marathi: Shalini+Alhad (Bangalore)
- Kannadiga + Sikh: Anusha+Herman (Bangalore)
- Marathi + Kannadiga: Shalini+Alhad (Bangalore)
- Marathi + Marathi: Harshay+Shubhangi (Nagpur), Bhairavi+Rohit & Kiran+Namrata (Mumbai)
- Marwari + Gujarati: Meghaa+Nikhil (Goa)
- Marwari + Marwari: Anurag+Priya (Thailand)
- Muslim + Muslim: Shaina+Imran (Udaipur), Hussain+Naureen (Hyd)
- Muslim + Punjabi: Rizwan+Shweta (Mumbai),
- North Indian Brahmin + North Indian Brahmin: Kislay+Savita (Bihar), Parul+Vitanshu (Gwalior)
- North Indian Brahmin + Telugu: Chhavi+Krishna (Bhopal)
- Punjabi + Muslim: Shweta+Rizwan (Mumbai)
- Punjabi + Telugu: Sharan+Sumegha (Mumbai)
- Sikh + Baniya: Aman+Ankita (Delhi)
- Sikh + Kannadiga: Herman+Anusha
- Sikh + Sikh: Herman+Gargi Roka (Delhi), Jasleen+Kiran (Mumbai), Param+Taniya (Amritsar)
- Tamil + Tamil: Deepak+Divya (Kochi), Karthik+Shobha (Chennai)
- Telugu + Bengali: Suresh+Maitreyi (Hyd)
- Telugu + North Indian Hindu: Krishna+Chhavi (Bhopal)
- Telugu + Punjabi: Sumegha+Sharan (Mumbai)
- Telugu + Telugu: Anusha+Akshay (Chennai)
Candid wedding photographers India
Wedding Cinematography examples
Jeetesh+Charishma – This is the story of a Sikh boy who falls in love with a Kannadiga girl and the girl’s father who finally agrees to let her daughter get married to the love of her life. This is just the trailer. And one of the most emotional trailers we have created so far. Shot primarily by Ankit (with few supporting shots by Neelabh) and edited by Amrit.
‘Pyaar ki kashti mein’ – one of the destination cinematic wedding films (trailer) we shot in Singapore / Thailand in Feb 2013. It was a marwari wedding which went on for 4 days. Shot & edited by Amrit.
Nishtha + Vamsee – one of our latest cinematic wedding film trailer from Dec 2013 wedding in Hyderabad. It was a mix of hindu north Indian and Telugu customs. Shot by Ankit, edited by Amrit.
Rakesh+Sasmita – a Oriya+Telugu wedding we shot in Bhubaneswar in Nov 2013. Shot by Ankit, edited by Amrit.
The story of Arun & Sriharika’s wedding – Hyderabad, May 2013. Shot By Neelabh (and Amrit once in a while), edited by Amrit.
‘When Bangalore fell in love with Ahmedabad’ – the first cinematic wedding film we made. This Gujarati-Kannadiga wedding was shot in Ahmedabad in Sep 2012 by Amrit and Ankit. Edited By Ankit
Nishtha+Vamsee – They live and met in Australia, fell in love and came to India to get married. It was a mix of hindu north Indian and Telugu customs. Shot by Ankit, edited by Amrit. It was a single day event and this full movie is ~40 minutes long.
The love story of a Telugu guy and Oriya girl who met over Orkut and who finally got married in Bhubaneswar. Shot primarily by Ankit, supported by Amrit and edited by Amrit. After a small pooja during the day, the wedding started in evening and went till late night. This full movie is ~35 minutes long.
A cinematic film made from walima of Naureen & Husain in Hyderabad (25+ minutes). Shot and edited by Amrit.
The Story of Arun Karthik & Sriharika’s wedding (shot in Hyderabad in May 2013) – 37 minutes duration. Shot by Neelabh. Edited by Amrit.
Below is an example of a Pre-wedding Song (you may get something like this done and surprise your guests by showcasing on the wedding day or post/pre wedding parties). The song features Amrit himself – shot by Ankit and edited by Amrit.
A short concept film titled “Do what you love” created by Amrit for his wife. Shot and edited by Amrit.
Below is a video we made for a couple’s 25th wedding anniversary. This was showcased through a projector during the anniversary function and everyone loved it! Shot and edited by Ankit.
A video we shot of a pool-party in Goa. Shot & edited by Amrit.
Hope you liked the above Cinematic Wedding films. We don’t send few guys to hold a video-camera and an irritating yellow light (that burns your face more than it lights up) to shoot everything. And we don’t add stupid-looking graphics and Bollywood songs throughout. What’s the point of having something which even you yourself will get bored watching, forget others? We hope that our examples above have given you a good idea of what kind of stuff we actually create. Beautiful, aesthetic and ones that have a story around them. Than just a random collection of visuals.
Candid wedding photographers India
Do you really need a candid wedding photographer for your wedding?
Whether or not candid wedding photographers are necessary for your wedding depends on your expectation from your wedding photographs. If all that you want is, there be some pictures of all the guests, especially when they are participating in rituals, and you are not too worried about the ‘visual quality’ of pictures, you don’t have to be looking for any of the candid wedding photographers India has. Any studio photographer will do. However, if you want visually stunning pictures that portray emotions, feelings, energy, chaos from one of the most special days of your life, then you better have an artistic photographer (who typically take candid shots and not instructed / posed pictures).
Candid wedding photographers India
We are one of the leading candid wedding photographers India has
At present Neelabh lives in Hyderabad and Ankit in Delhi. Amrit is usually traveling all across India for about 2 weeks every month (for shoots) but when he is not working, he lives and drinks in Goa.
Many a times, people ask us, what made us become candid wedding photographers? Or cinematographers for that matter. There is no easy answer. There is no one answer. Amrit explains below why he quit his job and took this full time. And how the transition fro an amateur photographer to one of the top candid wedding photographers India has been.
“There were not too many candid wedding photographers in India when we started this. Not many even knew what candid photography meant. But did I jump into this because I wanted to fill the void? Not really? I simply did not want to continue with a 5 days a week regular job where you get promoted every few years. Where you keep getting salary increments. And because you are bored but have money, you get married, buy house and car and keep paying EMIs. So I was looking at ways to get rid of my job. That’s when Neelabh helped me by suggesting taking up wedding photography. Both Neelabh and I were good at photography. But had never tried to exploit our skills commercially. We looked at the work of some of the well known wedding photographers in India over internet. And even those abroad. That gave us confidence in our own quality of work. We created ShaadiGraPher.com and put up pictures we had taken at some of our friends wedding. That was the start. Over time, people recognized the value that we were able to bring to their weddings. And today, after having created magic in hundreds of weddings, we are regarded as on the top candid wedding photographers India offers.”
Others talking about ShaadiGraPher – top Candid wedding photographers India
- A Hindu article on Amrit Vatsa from 2008 (when he was still a Business Consultant)
- Another Hindu article from 2012 which mentions ShaadiGraPher and quotes Amrit (and has a picture of Amrit and his now wife, in Kuch Kuch Hota hai pose, that they tried for their pre-wedding shoot)
- An Economic Times article on Ankit (and his friend Prannoy) on their startup dezains.com
- An Economic Times Bangalore article, where Amrit has been quoted for his webcomic Shitoon on vatsap.com
ShaadiGraPher – one of the best candid wedding photographers India has
If you try Googling for candid wedding photographers India, you will end up with hundreds of websites. From hundreds of photographers. All declaring themselves candid wedding photographers India. So how do you choose the photographer that is right for you? This task could get very daunting. We have a simple recommendation to make this job easier for you.
Look at the work of around 20 to 30 photographers – shortlists around 10 photographers whose work you really really love! Now ask yourself the following questions
- Are pictures from individual weddings (instead of assorted collection from different weddings) showcased? This is important because without having a look at a single wedding collection, you will never be able to gauge the true caliber of of the top candid wedding photographer India has.
- Are indicative prices mentioned somewhere? You will see that most Candid wedding photographers India don’t mention their prices. This is strange. What this probably means is that a lot of them want to quote differently to different customers. We leave it to you, if you still want to go ahead with such photographers. For those who have listed prices, does that fit in your budget?
Based on the above two, you can have the second short-list ready and then write / talk to around 4-5 photographers and see who are most proactive, good to talk with, professional in their approach, available and willing to shoot your wedding, and then go ahead and book the one who fits all the bill! There you go!