Hi, I am Amrit; you can read more about me and other ShaadiGraPhers here.
WE PROVIDES TWO SERVICES (across India at the same price):
- candid photography;
- cinematic documentary movie (view movie examples).
Additionally, we can take care of traditional photography (of posed pictures) by outsourcing the job to a local studio. We don’t run any studio – we shoot only at venues. Have a look at our work.
The internet is full of praise for ShaadiGraPher:
- Canvera has listed us in the top 15 destination wedding photographers in India
- PetaPixel – one of the most popular international photography blog, did a feature on a documentary I made
- Polka Cafe interviewed me as part of their story on top destination wedding photographers in India
- Live on Blogs included us in their list of Best Wedding Photographers in India
- Know Your Star interviewed me about my shift from consultancy to photography
- Hindu did a story on me in 2008 (when I was still a Business Consultant)
- Hindu interviewed me for a story on pre-wedding photography trend
- Economic Times wrote about my webcomic Shitoon
- Memorable Indian Weddings did a story on ShaadiGraPher
This short destination wedding movie will brighten you up! Play in HD.
We have shot all types of weddings across India.
BROWSE BY VENUE:
BROWSE BY COMMUNITY
We are very transparent with our pricing.
Have you checked out our candid photography work (relevant to your wedding) yet?
We hope you have seen our wedding cinema work? We use the words wedding-cinema, wedding movie, cinematic documentary movie etc. interchangeably. Each movie is shot by just one of us.
Here’s how to book us:
Either shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up this simple form. If you are emailing, please provide four information: 1. city, 2. dates, 3. approx start-end time of each function and 4. the services that your require (a. candid photography, b. wedding movie c. traditional posed photography).
Weddings are about the beautiful brides
brides getting ready,
and the blushing brides!
Weddings are about the brides who scream,
the dancing brides,
and the brides who gleam!
Weddings are about the laughing couples,
the crazy ones,
Weddings are about the happy friends,
exchange of rings,
Weddings are about the jumps of joy,
the dancing friends,
and the teary eye!
Weddings are about rituals & traditions,
some such stunning,
and some such fun!
Weddings are about the kids, super cute,
the joote ki chori,
the paise ki loot!
Weddings are about family’s blessings,
the brides being the queens,
and grooms, the kings!
Weddings make you one, forever,
they mark the start
of a journey together!
Candid wedding photographers India
List of Photo-Stories on this site:
- Baniya+ Baniya: Adit+Amrapali (Kota), Sumit+Shelly (Delhi), Anuja+Shashank (Bhopal)
- Baniya + Sikh: Ankita+Aman (Delhi)
- Bengali + Punjabi: Aditi+Gaurav (Mum)
- Bengali+Telugu: Maitreyi+Suresh (Hyd)
- Christian + Christian: Anne+Yannick, (Kochi), Jenyfer+Enrico (Mumbai), David+Priya (Goa)
- Gujarati + Kannadiga: Darshita+Sharath (Ahmedabad)
- Gujarati + Marwari: Nikhil+Meghaa (Goa)
- Indian + Dutch: Deepti+Titian (Bangalore)
- Indian + French: Anne+Yannick, (Kochi)
- Indian + Spanish: Jenyfer+Enrico (Mumbai)
- Kannadiga + Gujarati: Sharath+Darshita (Ahmedabad)
- Kannadiga + Marathi: Shalini+Alhad (Bangalore)
- Kannadiga + Sikh: Anusha+Herman (Bangalore)
- Marathi + Kannadiga: Shalini+Alhad (Bangalore)
- Marathi + Marathi: Harshay+Shubhangi (Nagpur), Bhairavi+Rohit & Kiran+Namrata (Mumbai)
- Marwari + Gujarati: Meghaa+Nikhil (Goa)
- Marwari + Marwari: Anurag+Priya (Thailand)
- Muslim + Muslim: Shaina+Imran (Udaipur), Hussain+Naureen (Hyd)
- Muslim + Punjabi: Rizwan+Shweta (Mumbai),
- North Indian Brahmin + North Indian Brahmin: Kislay+Savita (Bihar)
- North Indian Brahmin + Telugu: Chhavi+Krishna (Bhopal)
- Punjabi+Bengali: Gaurav+Aditi (Mumbai)
- Punjabi + Muslim: Shweta+Rizwan (Mumbai)
- Punjabi + Telugu: Sharan+Sumegha (Mumbai)
- Sikh + Baniya: Aman+Ankita (Delhi)
- Sikh + Kannadiga: Herman+Anusha
- Sikh + Sikh: Herman+Gargi Roka (Delhi), Jasleen+Kiran (Mumbai), Param+Taniya (Amritsar)
- Tamil + Tamil: Govind+Gayathri (Chennai), Deepak+Divya (Iyenger – Kochi), Karthik+Shobha (Tambram – Chennai)
- Telugu + Bengali: Suresh+Maitreyi (Hyd)
- Telugu + North Indian Hindu: Krishna+Chhavi (Bhopal)
- Telugu + Punjabi: Sumegha+Sharan (Mumbai)
- Telugu + Telugu: Anusha+Akshay (Chennai)
Candid wedding photographers India
Do you really need a candid wedding photographer for your wedding?
Whether or not candid wedding photographers are necessary for your wedding depends on your expectation from your wedding photographs. If all that you want is, there be some pictures of all the guests, especially when they are participating in rituals, and you are not too worried about the ‘visual quality’ of pictures, you don’t have to be looking for any of the candid wedding photographers India has. Any studio photographer will do. However, if you want visually stunning pictures that portray emotions, feelings, energy, chaos from one of the most special days of your life, then you better have an artistic photographer (who typically take candid shots and not instructed / posed pictures).
We are one of the leading candid wedding photographers India has
I, Amrit, did my B.Tech & M.Tech from IIT Madras and joined a business consulting firm thereafter. I worked for four years and then in mid 2012, I left my job as a manager in Mumbai to become a full time wedding photographer, married my amazing girl-friend, went on a honeymoon to South Africa and after returning, we shifted to Goa. Other than photography, I run marathons, travel the world with my wife, make short documentary movies and drink beer like a boss (because beer is pretty cheap in Goa).
Check out my latest three picture stories.
As the name suggests, Ankit is my brother. Younger brother. He did his engineering from BITS Pilani (Goa) and presently lives with his wife and a pet Dalmatian in Mumbai. He teaches Physics to IIT aspirants when he is not shooting pictures or making wedding movies. Oh, by the way, he also owns and operates this super-cool personalized gift website called Dezains.com
Check out the latest three picture stories from Ankit.
Many a times, people ask me, what made me join the candid wedding photographers fraternity? There is no easy answer. There is no one answer. So want to know why I quit my job and took this up as a full time thing? And how the transition from an amateur photographer to one of the top candid wedding photographers India has been? Read on.
There were not too many candid wedding photographers in India when I started this. Not many even knew what candid photography meant. But did I jump into this because I wanted to fill the void? Not really. I simply did not want to continue with a 5 days a week regular job where you get promoted every few years. Where you keep getting salary increments. And because you are bored but have money, you get married, buy a house and a car and keep paying EMIs. So I was looking at ways to get rid of my job. That’s when my school best-friend Neelabh helped suggested the idea of trying wedding photography. Both Neelabh and I were good at photography. But I had never tried to exploit the skill commercially. We looked at the work of some of the well known wedding photographers in India over internet. And even those abroad. And that gave me confidence in my own quality of work. I created ShaadiGraPher.com and put up pictures that I had taken at some of my friend’s weddings. And that was the start. Over time, people recognized the value that I was bringing to their weddings. And today, after having created magic in hundreds of weddings, ShaadiGraPher is regarded as one of the top candid wedding photographers India has.
ShaadiGraPher – one of the best candid wedding photographers India has
If you try Googling for candid wedding photographers India, you will end up with hundreds of websites. From hundreds of photographers. All declaring themselves candid wedding photographers India. So how do you choose the photographer that is right for you? This task could get very daunting. We have a simple recommendation to make this job easier for you.
Look at the work of around 20 to 30 photographers – shortlists around 10 photographers whose work you really really love! Now ask yourself the following questions
- Are pictures from individual weddings (instead of assorted collection from different weddings) showcased? This is important because without having a look at a single wedding collection, you will never be able to gauge the true caliber of of the top candid wedding photographer India has.
- Are indicative prices mentioned somewhere? You will see that most Candid wedding photographers India don’t mention their prices. This is strange. What this probably means is that a lot of them want to quote differently to different customers. We leave it to you, if you still want to go ahead with such photographers. For those who have listed prices, does that fit in your budget?
Based on the above two, you can have the second short-list ready and then write / talk to around 4-5 photographers and see who are most proactive, good to talk with, professional in their approach, available and willing to shoot your wedding, and then go ahead and book the one who fits all the bill! There you go!